Skip to content

November 2021: Suspected abuse or neglect of an adult client with a developmental disability

QuestionIf my client is an adult with a developmental disability and I suspect abuse or neglect, where do I report my concerns?

Answer: Occupational therapists can contact ReportON by phone or email to report actual or suspected abuse or neglect of adults who have a developmental disability. This service is provided by the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services.

Even if you are not sure the situation involves abuse or neglect, you are encouraged to call; there are no consequences if you call for assistance. Of course, if an occupational therapist determines the client is at immediate risk of harm, the occupational therapist must take action including contacting emergency personnel. 

Our Practice team is here to help.

If you have any questions, contact the Practice Resource Service at 416.214.1177 ext. 240 or email [email protected]

← Back to Question and Answer